Healthy Spinach Omelette
This healthy spinach omelette is delicious and packed with vegetables making it the perfect healthy start to your morning.
My daughter absolutely loves peppers and mushrooms which I find to be unusual for a 2 1/2 year old but who’s going to complain about a toddler who loves veggies right?
In an effort encourage my daughters healthy eating habits, I have been making this spinach omelette recipe nearly every morning. In doing so, I have perfected my omlette making skills and will share with you some of my tips.
This. This. THIS. I have struggled with many a failed omelette before the day my mother casually said to me “just use cooking spray and the omelette with slide right out of the pan.” It works like a charm.
Omelette making is a fast paced business so make sure you have everything you need handy. This includes your filling, spatula, and a dish for the finished omelette.
Try, Try Again
That is if you fail, which you might on your first try. But don’t beat yourself up! Omelettes can be tricky and the scrambled eggs with vegetables you’re left with after your omlette breaks up into oblivion will still taste pretty darn good!
- Cooking spray
- 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites, beaten
- 2 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 2 sweet orange peppers, sliced
- First, prepare the vegetables, then heat a skillet on medium hig
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil onto skillet followed by sliced baby bella mushrooms, diced sweet peppers and baby spinach. Cook until peppers and mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted then set aside
- Heat another skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the two whole eggs and three egg whites then pour onto the heated skillet then move the skillet around ensuring the entire surface is covered with the egg mixture
- Gently pour the spinach, mushroom and pepper mixture over one half of the omlette.
- When the edges of the omelette begin to stiffen, slide a spatula under the half without vegetables and gently fold it over the half with the vegetables.
- Let cook for another 30 seconds to a minute then plate and serve.