Healthy Spinach Omelet
This healthy spinach omelet is delicious and packed with vegetables. It is the perfect healthy start to your morning. If you follow my step by step instructions, you will find that this omelet is pretty easy to make. The entire omelet is approximately 239 calories making it a healthy way to start your day.
I didn’t have my first omelet until I started trying to eat healthier. In my early days of dieting, I would avoid breakfast altogether because I figured “why add all these extra calories when I can just starve straight through to lunch.
Then, one morning at a diner, I discovered the delicious low calorie veggie omelette. I had no idea a bunch of vegetables and eggs could taste so good.
My daughter absolutely loves peppers and mushrooms which I find to be unusual for a toddler but who’s going to complain about a toddler who loves veggies right?
In an effort encourage my daughters healthy eating habits, I have been making this spinach omelet recipe nearly every morning. In doing so, I have perfected my omelet making skills.
Tips for a Perfect Healthy Spinach Omelet
- Pam Cooking Spray This is key. I have struggled with many a failed omelet before the day my mother casually said to me “just use cooking spray and the omelet with slide right out of the pan.” It works like a charm. I also find it essential when making my Low Calorie Veggie Quesadilla.
- Have everything you need nearby Omelet making is a fast paced business I make sure I have everything I need handy. This includes the filling, spatula, and a dish for the finished omelet.
- Try, Try Again That is if you fail, which you might on your first try. But don’t beat yourself up! Omelets can be tricky and quickly turn into plain old scrambled eggs with vegetables.
Healthy Spinach Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 2 sweet mini peppers sliced
- Heat a skillet on medium high
- Prepare the vegetables
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil onto skillet followed by sliced baby bella mushrooms, diced sweet peppers and baby spinach
- Cook until peppers and mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted then set aside
- Heat another skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the two whole eggs and three egg whites then pour onto the heated skillet then move the skillet around ensuring the entire surface is covered with the egg mixture
- Gently pour the spinach, mushroom and pepper mixture over one half of the omelette
- When the edges of the omelette begin to stiffen, slide a spatula under the half without vegetables and gently fold it over the half with the vegetables
- Let cook for another 30 seconds to a minute then plate and serve
3 thoughts on “Healthy Spinach Omelet”
Reblogged this on BRUT IMPERIAL ANTARCTICA.
Looks so so good 🙂