Ground Turkey Stroganoff
A lighter, healthier version of a classic family dish, this ground turkey stroganoff recipe is sure to be a dinner table success!
I dont eat red meat anymore. This was a decision my husband probably would have liked to have been involved in before I completely overhauled our weekly menu but unfortunately for him the documentary I watched on veganism and the meat industry got to me before he had a chance to protest.
Luckily for my carnivorious husband, the documentary did not convert me to veganism, although I wholeheartedly admire the lifestyle. It did however inspire me to start making changes to my diet.
For every recipe of mine that included ground beef, I simply swapped the ground beef for ground turkey. Tacos, spaghetti bolognese, meatballs, stroganoff, all ground turkey. Maybe you’re trying to elimanate red meat from your diet as well, or maybe you’rejust looking for a wicked good (yes, I’m from the northeast USA) ground turkey recipe. Either way, I’m sure you’ll find this one not only delicious, but easy enough to make that you can add it to your weekly rotation.
My recipe is simple and consisting of ground turkey, onions, peas, egg noodles, worcestershire sauce, sour cream and seasoned with salt, pepper and a little bit of nutmeg.
How to make the stroganoff:
1. Start the noodles. This ground turkey stroganoff recipe doesn’t take a whole lot of time to prepare so get your water boiling and cook noodles according to package instructions.
2. Cook the ground Turkey. In a skillet over medium heat, break up the ground turkey over a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Cook ground turkey until no longer pink or heated to a temperature of 165 degrees farenheit. Set aside.
3. Cook the veggies. In the same skillet, add butter and sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occaisionally. Add onions, peas and Worcestershire Sauce cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Mix it all together. Add the ground turkey back into the skillet along with seasonings and stir until well combined. Then add the noodles alond with the sour cream and stir again until well combined.
- 1 LB Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Large Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add egg noodles
- Break up and cool ground turkey until done and set aside
- In the same skillet, add onions, mushrooms, peas and cook on medium until softened
- Reduce heat and add ground turkey, cooked egg noodles and seasonings.
- Next, add sour cream and mix until heated through
- Pour ground turkey mixture over a bed of egg noodles and serve