Baked Chicken Parmesan
This baked chicken parmesan recipe is even better than fried. It’s so good and so easy, I make it for my family at least once a week.
What makes this recipe so great?
- Tenderizing the chicken Tenderize the chicken until it’s as thin as you think you can get it. Then tenderize it a little more. I like to put 2 to 3 breasts inside Ziplock Gallon Freezer Bags and then tenderize them with my Kitchenaid Gormet Meat Tenderizer
- Coat with butter Yes, I know it’s not the healthiest, but this is one instance where I make an exception. I think the butter coating before the breadcrumbs really enhances the flavor. Feel free to use olive oil if you’d prefer though!
Keeping the Calorie count Down
Another thing I like to do with most of the dishes I make is pair it with a salad. I use the term “salad” very loosely because all my “salad” consists of is spring mix, shredded parmesan and, my favorite dressing in the world, Briana’s Asiago Caesar Salad Dressing.
And I’m not exaggerating when I say I pair MOST of my meals with salad. It honestly helps me keep the extra weight off. Especially when I really feel like eating a lot. I take one of my large dinner plates, fill half of it with greens and the other with a serving of the entrée. This helps control my portion size especially when eating pasta dishes like my Ground Turkey Stroganoff or my Ground Turkey Vegetable Pasta. Those dishes, including my baked chicken parmesan, aren’t very calorie dense to begin with. So if you pair them with a salad, you’re really doing yourself an awesome favor.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Chicken breasts 4 oz each
- 1 Cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Melt 4 Tbsp of butter in a medium to large pan
- Place chicken breasts into Ziplock bags, (I usually do 2-3 breasts per bag depending on the size) and tenderize until thin and even
- Dip each chicken breast first into the melted butter and then into the breadcrumbs, coating them lightly
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan onto each breaded chicken breast
- Place the breaded chicken breasts onto the pan and cook for approximately 18 mins
- Remove the chicken breasts from oven and add a spoonful or two of marinara sauce as well as one slice of mozzarella cheese to each
- Set oven to broil and place chicken breasts back into the oven for a minute or two. Keep an eye on them and remove when cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, plate with your favorite vegetable or salad and enjoy!